Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Flame: Critique needed!

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi there!
I am new to this forum, but I am really in need of critical feedback! I hope you guys can help.
I did a sculpt and it definitely lacks in many ways, as perfection wasn't my goal here. But I am mainly looking for help concerning the face. Something seems wrong, but I can't really put my finger on it! Maybe you see something I don't? I'd be very grateful for a different set of eyes.
Of course, if you have any other advise, I am more than happy to learn. 
The concept I based my sculpt on loosely is an amazing painting on Instagram by Maxine Vee: https://www.instagram.com/p/CEiKFiwlHHJ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 5

Replies

• JohannesAg
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    I think maybe the problem with the face might be the nostrils from the front, nose looks fine from the side but from the front i feel like it´s off.
    you could try a simpler knob type shape from the front like this. Aside from that I think the flame could use a little gesture, and puffing the cheeks might be fun? I might be wrong but those are my two cents.
    fun piece tho.
    Actually one more thing I feel like from the side view her wrist looks like it´s her elbow but from the front you see it´s the end of the arm, I think maybe extending the arms so that the wrist becomes the elbow and the arms grab onto the opposite leg might look better and fit her proportions better.

• Sblendid
    Hey, thanks so much for your feedback! Especially twisting the flame makes a real difference! And you are right, the nose is wrong! Thanks! With the arms, maybe the problem is, that there are no visible elbows, so the eye just "chooses" a convenient place? I think I left them out because of the concept -> very stylized. But now I think a bit more real would be better readable. I find it hard to know where to stylize and where to keep it more real anyways. I guess it's the training of the eye as well ^^