Home Technical Talk

[Advanced Skeleton] Model Clean Deletes Geo & Removes Groups

PleaseHelpMe
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
PleaseHelpMe polycounter lvl 2
I had deleted the history and frozen transformations on my model and had the geometry sorted into multiple groups and subgroups under the "geo." parent group. After running Model Clean, the tool rips out most of my groups only leaving a few and deleting a good deal of my geometry. It gives me the 
 It also gives me the error message: AdvancedSkeleton5.mel line 14267: No object matches name: Overalls|Lbuckle

I don't know why it runs into this issue because as far as I can see "Overalls|Lbuckle" exists?

Before Model Clean:

After Model Clean:

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can see from your second screen that the group got merged/renamed to Overalls_LBuckle. My guess is that you have LBuckle|LButton as well as RBuckle|LButton, which could be throwing the script off; basically it's finding two things named LButton and doesn't handle it properly. Renaming the buttons and any other similar objects so they're unique (despite their full path name) should work. You could always recreate the hierarchy after the cleanup if you need it, or just skip AS's geo clean and do it yourself.
  • PleaseHelpMe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PleaseHelpMe polycounter lvl 2
    I can see from your second screen that the group got merged/renamed to Overalls_LBuckle. My guess is that you have LBuckle|LButton as well as RBuckle|LButton, which could be throwing the script off; basically it's finding two things named LButton and doesn't handle it properly. Renaming the buttons and any other similar objects so they're unique (despite their full path name) should work. You could always recreate the hierarchy after the cleanup if you need it, or just skip AS's geo clean and do it yourself.
    Thank you so much! I went back through to look and I did have a lot of repeat names and adding grp_ before my group names fixed the issue.