Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

muscular male anatomy study, needs critiques and feedbacks

are the origins and insertions correct? im just focusing that right now, not the proportions, rhythm, balance, or how they look...im not there yet..

thanks for the feedbacks 

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    I think you should work on your proportions first, then people can give you proper feedback on how muscle insertions and origins look.  Perhaps reference the anatomical model that comes with zbrush 

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    What program are you using? zbrush/blender/3dcoat,ect.?
    What references are you using? you can make a collage of a decently sized.jpg combined together to show us it might help.

Otherwise: Here & here
    The 1st is to find a good body type you would like to create, 2nd is an actual book, though the author has posted pages that can prove invaluable to creating a "correct", anatomy model.

Sort it out a bit more, take the subdivisions down 1 , add more detail, then re-add the subdivision, (can just turn it from whatever number those screenshot imgs are, then raise it back up once you added more details, should look sharper).

IF you decide to do muscle sections or parts (it gets a lot harder) you can look at my quick guide to give you the idea of muscle separation over bones to get more control over the look. (it is kind of advanced for a beginner so maybe the next model or 2 down the road before you try it.)

Do one or all of those then report back at the current state you look like you are heading in a good direction just pull it back add as much as you can then hit the subd.

Best of luck.
    As always do what YOU think is best for YOUR design you can feel free to ignore my post as well. (it is not a trap)
  • theycallmedualian
    thx 4 the replies guys 
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    If your only concern is to learn muscle I/O I could suggest an alternative exercise :
    It sound pretty simple in reality is not get a skeleton scan and paint I/O on it
    Few benefits of doing the exercise : :
    -you will learn exact location of muscle I/O and will practice where it matter on bones
    -once completed you could draw/sculpt over the marked skeleton to further learn shape/forms
    -if you by some miracle forget some muscle I/O you could refer back to your newly acquired reference model