Home Technical Talk

3d Screenshot Capture

I think this is the right place to put this. I'm looking for a program I had years ago where i could take a 3D screenshot of what was been rendered at that time while playing a game. I thought it was a great program but its been lost for years, I want to get it back.

Does anyone know this program and where I can find it? Please reply

The program would take a 3D rendered 'screenshot' of what was happening in-game and i could use blender or other 3d edit programs to edit the file.

I'm looking to take 3d captures of games (like world of tanks)  and ripping the render, so i can use my 3d printer to print out stuff from the game.

Replies

• Doongas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so i found the program, the problem is the software is horribly dated (DirectX9).

Overview

With 3D Ripper DX you can:

- capture all geometry, textures and shaders, rendered during single frame;
    - import captured geometry into 3D Studio Max or Maya;
    - see what exactly has been drawn by each individual draw call;
    - see renderstate, textures, vertex streams, index stream, vertex declaration, vertex and pixel shaders (including HLSL source code if available) of each individual draw call.

3D Ripper DX supports only DirectX 6.x, 8.x and 9.x applications. OpenGL, older versions of DirectX and software renderers are not supported.

Import plugin should work with 3DS Max versions 5.0-9.0, 2009 and 2011.

Does anyone know where to get a more recent version??

• Doongas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok ive got it, now all i need is some general assistance as i test it out

https://0curtain0.github.io/ninja_ripper.html

Does anyone know of a differnt program which also has skeletal support ?

The ripper works fine but thers no skeletal support so everything is positioned at the same point.

Looks like i could work with this, but it seems a bit rough.