Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vintage camera Eumig - My actual work for portfolio 3d Artist

Osmann
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Osmann polycounter lvl 3

If you can give advice or criticism on improving the quality of work and my skills, then I will be very grateful to you https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v29K0a

Replies

• stevston89
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Looks like a pretty solid base. I think your wear and tear is all too uniform. Think about more unique wear and dirt. Like how was the camera used and how would that wear down the camera. What edges would catch and get little dent and scrapes? Where does dirt collect? Where was the camera held? Maybe smooth the surfaces there. Was it dropped or stained? Here is a quick paintover and ref:

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis godlike master sticky
  • stevston89
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Actually just found some better ref for you. Notice the unique wear at the edges of the painted metal and dials. The dirt collecting in the crevices. The smoothing of the blue leather on the side and how it's darker around the edges where is sees less use. You just need these unique moments to really sell it. 

• Osmann
    Offline / Send Message
    Osmann polycounter lvl 3
    Looks like a pretty solid base. I think your wear and tear is all too uniform. Think about more unique wear and dirt. Like how was the camera used and how would that wear down the camera. What edges would catch and get little dent and scrapes? Where does dirt collect? Where was the camera held? Maybe smooth the surfaces there. Was it dropped or stained? Here is a quick paintover and ref:

very informative answer, thank you very much, I will take it into account in the following works