Home Career & Education

Learning 3D

Hello, i'm currently learning 3D, and studying Zbrush.
What other programs should i learn? I'm very confuse about this.
For example, i know Maya and 3ds Max are good programs, but what is their usability? For rendering and animation?

Sorry about this newbie questions.

Replies

• birb
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    Welcome! I highly recommend you to start by reading some entries on the Polycount Wiki. An excerpt from the Character (creation process) page:

Characters are first designed as conceptssculpted to create form and details, re-topology modeled for in-game use, textured and shaded to create color and surface materials, rigged to a skeleton, animated to move and act, and special effects are added.

Every software in the pipeline is used because they (theoretically) offer the best tools to achieve a specific result while abiding by a set of technical requirements. But if you have no idea of what needs to be done—or in what way—throwing the names of processes and 3D packages at you will make little sense.

In your place I'd grab that pipeline described, research what each thing means, then try to create a very simple asset from the beginning to the end—maybe grab a guide walking you through the entire process to make it smoother—so the purpose of each package becomes clear. This should also give you the inkling of which area you'd like to specialize into.
  • Bestort
    Guira said:
    Hello, i'm currently learning 3D, and studying Zbrush.
    What other programs should i learn? I'm very confuse about this.
    For example, i know Maya and 3ds Max are good programs, but what is their usability? For rendering and animation? 

Sorry about this newbie questions.
    I'm also studying 3d. I want to find good courses online.
    <a href="https://bestort.com/best-router-for-parental-controls/">https://bestort.com/best-router-for-parental-controls/</a>
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    3Dmotive.com is great!  I've used it before as a younger artist to get handheld through projects.