Home Freelance Job Postings

[FULFILLED] Looking for 3D hard-surface artist to create modular ship components for a game sequel

wx3labs
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
wx3labs polycounter lvl 9
Update 9/9: I've received a very large number of responses, thank you everyone who responded, I'm sorry I haven't had time to respond individually.

Hey there!

I'm the indie developer of an ARPG of space exploration called Starcom: Nexus. I'm currently looking for a 3D artist to improve the modular shipbuilding feature for a sequel now in development.

This is a paid contract position that will be divided into several phases. The first phase will be creating a single module to demonstrate an understanding of the brief, followed by a small number (~6) of textured module prototypes to validate new shipbuilding mechanics.

While the deliverable for the first phase is a handful of textured modules, the primary goal is solving a design problem: giving players the ability to create interesting and cool spaceships while constrained to a hex-based grid build system. 

Requirements:
  • Experience with hard-surface modeling
  • UV-unwrapping and texturing
  • Ability to be creative within design constraints
  • Basic non-technical understanding of shaders

Prefered, but not required:
  • Work in Blender
  • Experience with Unity
  • Experience with creating shaders

If this is you, please contact me at wx3labs@gmail.com with the following:
  • Your portfolio, including examples of hard-surface models that you created and textured
  • Your rates
  • Your availability
I'll send qualified applicants a detailed brief on the project. Thanks for your time!