Update 9/9: I've received a very large number of responses, thank you everyone who responded, I'm sorry I haven't had time to respond individually.
I'm the indie developer of an ARPG of space exploration called Starcom: Nexus
. I'm currently looking for a 3D artist to improve the modular shipbuilding feature for a sequel now in development.
This is a paid contract position that will be divided into several phases. The first phase will be creating a single module to demonstrate an understanding of the brief, followed by a small number (~6) of textured module prototypes to validate new shipbuilding mechanics.
While the deliverable for the first phase is a handful of textured modules, the primary goal is solving a design problem: giving players the ability to create interesting and cool spaceships while constrained to a hex-based grid build system.
- Experience with hard-surface modeling
- UV-unwrapping and texturing
- Ability to be creative within design constraints
- Basic non-technical understanding of shaders
Prefered, but not required:
- Work in Blender
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with creating shaders
- Your portfolio, including examples of hard-surface models that you created and textured
- Your rates
- Your availability
I'll send qualified applicants a detailed brief on the project. Thanks for your time!