Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gaunter O'Dimm - Witcher fan art

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Mimir polycounter lvl 5
After publishing my latest real-time character, I bought a new 3d scan and created my favourite character in Witcher 3. Took me about 3 days, the body is a bit bleh but the head was my main focus. More renders: www.artstation.com/artwork/mDO46a

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Not bad for three days.  You could probably add in some more definition and variation to the shirt and eye edits to get this finalized for a fast asset.  It's reading "dead" from the eyes and the shirt feels way too clean.
  • Mimir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mimir polycounter lvl 5
    Not bad for three days.  You could probably add in some more definition and variation to the shirt and eye edits to get this finalized for a fast asset.  It's reading "dead" from the eyes and the shirt feels way too clean.
    You're right Brian, I did initially have some colour variation on the shirt but I felt it looked too muddy so I decided to just keep it a blank colour. I should probably add more definition to the clothing in general as it looks low poly compared to the head. The eyes did have an overlay sclera that made it look better but when rendering it would come out looking weird. Not sure what exactly was causing it, I think it's something to do with the refraction and UVs; in the end I just turned it off. I might return to this piece at a later date to make it into a full character.

Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Regarding the eyes, add in transitional meshes for the "Waterline"

If youw ant to keep the shirt clean, at least add some micro wrinkle noise.
  • Mimir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mimir polycounter lvl 5
    Regarding the eyes, add in transitional meshes for the "Waterline"

If youw ant to keep the shirt clean, at least add some micro wrinkle noise.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I've added the tearline and worked more on the jumper wrinkles as well as the noise on it. The more time I spend the better it'll be of course, I have moved on to another project that's real-time so I doubt I'll make any more changes to Gaunter.