Home Technical Talk

Help : Mocap cleanup in Motion builder ...

I want to do some mocap cleanup in Motion Builder.

I've watched a few tutorials and tried a few things but none have lead to a satisfying result. My mocap clips have a huge amount of noise because the mocap setup I've used is not a professional one. My goal is to remove that noise, and do a bit of correcting (foot not on the ground, posture problems, etc).
Basically, what I'd want to do is : on my limb layer, I put a key on the frames that look good to me. Then, I simply delete all the noisy and broken frames inbetween them, and clean the curves inbetween my key poses. And boom, done.

Of course, that doesn't work. And my main thing is that I'd just want the curves between my keyposes on my layer to override all the broken keyframes of my base layer, but that's not how Motion builder works. Removing the noise by cleaning the curves seems like a pretty broken solution in my case, because my mocap has noise absolutely everywhere, and removing noise on a bone only transfers that noise on the next bone, and pinning does not help. It's an endless mess.

My ideal solution would be to simply choose my keyposes (by just putting a key on the frames that look ok), and then just set curves inbetween them to interpolate.

Is there a way to do that ?