Home Technical Talk

DAZ to 3DS Max Bridge - VRay render

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
hansolocambo polycounter lvl 8
DAZ3D recently released a free script that does an outstanding job at converting a Genesis + clothes + Hairs into an fbx very well configured / rigged / skinned character. Some textures aren't placed properly and need to be moved/reassigned, the material editor once converted to VRay needs some manual cleaning. But it's definitely an amazing script they did. 
I have a question though that I can hardly find an answer. There are more people trying to figure it out on internet than people knowing how to do it obviously, if anyone really knows :(   
The bridge takes care of diffuse and bump maps nothing else. 
And DAZ is mainly based on Iray render nowadays. The workflow is suppose to be metal/rough, but tons of textures do not correspond at all to any of the VRay Material entries and it's hard to find what corresponds from iRay to Vray.

Could you please explain where in your opinion, should the following maps be placed in a Vray Material :
Translucency Color
Dual Lobe Specular Reflectivity
Glossy Layered Weight
SSS texture

I don't know if any of you already found ways to get a DAZ Iray render really similar in VRay, but it would be great is someone had a few ideas on the subject.

Thanks for considering my request ;)

Cheers. 
hansolocambo@gmail.com