Armature Studio is looking for a mid-level to senior contract VFX Artist to design, create and implement amazing visual effects for our games. The contract VFX Artist will work closely with the game designers, engineers and other artists to create visual excitement in our games, to enhance the player experience.
Armature is currently all working remotely, so qualified candidates anywhere in the US may apply. This is for a 5-6 month contract, with possibility of extension.
If interested in applying, send resume and a link to your portfolio to: [email protected]
- Creation of real time particle systems and shaders, and texture creation for them.
- Modeling of objects needed for effects
- Work closely with project vision holder and producer to maintain studio’s visual standards and meet publishing schedules
- Predicting and managing asset file size and performance issues, and optimizing assets accordingly
- Contribute to R&D by exploring new techniques, tools and best practices
- Act proactively, self managing your time and seeking out tasks that remain undone
- Minimum 3 years in the game industry as a VFX Artist, with at least 1 published game.
- Experienced in Maya and UE4 and Blueprints.
- Demonstrable knowledge of compositing
- Solid understanding of Photoshop, Houdini, After Effects, among other VFX tools.
- Passion for games, with an interest in VR
- Animation experience – an understanding of movement within particle effects
- Scripting in Python and Mel a plus
- Previous experience with 3D mobile game development
- Previous experience with VR game development
- Creating particle shaders in HLSL/CG code
- Experience with UE4 Niagara