Home Adobe Substance

Workflow for Texturing a blood bag

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
jdellinger98 polycounter lvl 5
Hello, how do you go about creating the material for blood bag? Blood is a fluid but it’s thick and wasn’t sure how to go about it. It would be really cool if it wasn’t completely full but if that’s a whole thing on its own then I’m fine with it being full and giving the illusion of blood, and not so much a flood fill of maroon red.

Thanks!

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Depends...

The simplest way would be to draw a picture of some blood on the side of the bag

The next would be to model the blood as a mesh inside a model of a bag.

From there you start worrying about materials. You need alpha blending for the transparent bag, the blood itself can probably be opaque but might want subsurface scattering if you get close enough for it to make a difference. 
    If you want the blood to slop around there's plenty of other stuff to consider.
  • CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    There's a really nice example of this by

Maybe he'll see this and chime in.
  • jdellinger98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jdellinger98 polycounter lvl 5
    I hope lol, that looks so good! Mine don't need to be that good with the plastic overlap, there kind of high up. But I'm also gonna need it for those diffuser's. Thank you so much (should mention all my material in this scene were thrown together less than 10 mins, I just wanted some contrast for now and Im still working in substance designer, floor isn't mine at all Got it via substance source until I create one myself)
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    In Thomas's example, looks like most of the blood color is being driven by a thickness map and then tweaking levels / gradients to push the contrast.