Home Marmoset

opacity map doesn't work

lindsay_han
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
lindsay_han polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys, I met some problems when I import maps from the substance painter to marmoset toolbag. First, the plane used for glass only shows one side, but the back of it is not shown. And also the opacity map I exported from substance painter doesn't work correctly, only the base color, no transparency at all. How should I do to fix it?

Replies

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    With the mesh selected, you want to make sure "Cull Back Faces" is unchecked, and you'll then be able to see both sides of the object.

It's on the left side of the screen, under the "mesh" dropdown.

You'll also probably want the glass piece to be a separate mesh than the rest of the gun; I've seen transparency act strangely if it shares a material / mesh with a non-transparent piece. You may also want to lower the index of refraction, and check your roughness (which also affects the roughness of the transparency).
  • lindsay_han
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lindsay_han polycounter lvl 3
    Joopson said:
    With the mesh selected, you want to make sure "Cull Back Faces" is unchecked, and you'll then be able to see both sides of the object.

It's on the left side of the screen, under the "mesh" dropdown.

You'll also probably want the glass piece to be a separate mesh than the rest of the gun; I've seen transparency act strangely if it shares a material / mesh with a non-transparent piece. You may also want to lower the index of refraction, and check your roughness (which also affects the roughness of the transparency).
    By following your advice, all these two problems solved, thank you sooooo much