Home Adobe Substance

Please can have an explanation on how to prepare the work in SP ? i have some doubts

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Gikkio polycounter lvl 8
Hi again,
I apologize for this second topic, which I have to definitively understand, how to prepare the export work. I'm VERY confuse. 
I've seen tutorials, seen the basic course, but I still don't understand why I work on very complex objects.
I need a definitive clarification, so I open this and thank you very much whoever will be able to make me understand the workflow.

So I have this mesh in the photo. ok.
It is made up of 39 OBJECTS, i.e. 39 meshes. Each mesh therefore has its own UV.

Now, if I join the mesh (single object) in blender,  becomes impossible to mark the seam to unwrap the object, right? ok. 

- If I export this by giving a material to each object, will I have 39 texture sets in substance painter! you tell me there are too many.
- If I group objects, for example, in groups of 3 by giving them only one material in Blender for 3 object for example, in substance painter I have  
overlying
UV
Now I ask you please, what do I have to do exactly as a workflow, to export to substance painter?
How do I gather, prepare, and export in an orderly manner to substance painter?
Very very thank you .

Replies

• Gikkio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gikkio polycounter lvl 8
    Maybe... maybe I understood. :open_mouth:
    UDIM texture?
    UDIM texture + ID MAP why are there so many small pieces and I need space to paint them? Is this the workflow?
    But if is right this method is BETTER many UDIM small (2K) or less but big udim (4k) 

EDIT: 

ooooo i can create some different UDIM dimension!!!! 
    So all the cable and the little part can go in 1080 UDIM and all the part that need dectail can put in 2k UDIM!!! :O :O 
    Is correct all this? 

• Gikkio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gikkio polycounter lvl 8
    up. can I have a confirmation just to know if this is the right workflow? Thank you.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    We need some background here. 

Is this  a game asset? Your answer affects our answers
  • Gikkio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gikkio polycounter lvl 8
    poopipe said:
    We need some background here. 

Is this  a game asset? Your answer affects our answers

no. Is a model for render, and turntable. 
    Many object, but i divide the model in many file for better paint this in entire model . 
    Up you see the engine under the hull. is the second file that i paint. 
    then export all texture, and render in MARMOSET. 
    Or this is the plan :D 
    U

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    I believe UDIMs aren't supported by Marmoset so when creating your project, choose the legacy option that converts UV Tiles to Texture Sets. That will create a separate texture set for each of your UV quadrants and you should be good to go.
  • Gikkio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gikkio polycounter lvl 8
    Not supported? :O bad news.
    Ok thank for your great advise.