Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Head Sculpt - Feedback/critique - Zbrush

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
GarethStandfield polycounter lvl 3
Currently wanting to do a smaller project to work on some texturing, thought a bust would be appropriate, afew issues with the geometry that i cant seem to Zremesh out, they go away when i dynamesh but that also brakes the rest of my geo. overall hows the face looking even with the broken geo?

I was suing tracer as a ref 

Replies

• JD_Sculpts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JD_Sculpts polycounter lvl 3
    hey there i think you are on a good way!  =) and dont worry about the geo. first things first i would recommend you putting a skull below your model and use transparency to adjust the skull shape. the shape itself looks kinda of, especially on the back of the head. for a female the jawline seems too dominant. try to make it more round and soft. same goes for the brow ridge. also dont be afraid to split the ears from the head to have an easier time to adjust the position. hope i could give u some input. looking forward to your progress! :3
  • Bobby_the_Goblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JD_Sculpts said it quite well. The biggest things I notice straight away is how shallow the back of the skull is and also the position of the ears. My rule of thumb is try to have the jawline running into the bottom of the ear, so just try knock them back about an inch :) Other than that it's looking great, good job
  • GarethStandfield
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey there i think you are on a good way!  =) and dont worry about the geo. first things first i would recommend you putting a skull below your model and use transparency to adjust the skull shape. the shape itself looks kinda of, especially on the back of the head. for a female the jawline seems too dominant. try to make it more round and soft. same goes for the brow ridge. also dont be afraid to split the ears from the head to have an easier time to adjust the position. hope i could give u some input. looking forward to your progress! :3
    cheers, ye might download a free female one as the differences are not as obvious too me, the harder edges give a more mascaline look :o!

I used too have the ears split but then cane across the issue of dynameshing them together made things look "weird" sorta blobby? but that might be just due too how high things got before dynameshing so might go back! 
  • GarethStandfield
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JD_Sculpts said it quite well. The biggest things I notice straight away is how shallow the back of the skull is and also the position of the ears. My rule of thumb is try to have the jawline running into the bottom of the ear, so just try knock them back about an inch :) Other than that it's looking great, good job
    Arg yes i see that on the tracer reff with the ear defo something i need to fix, thanks!