Home Career & Education

What would you choose? (Game or Product Modeling)

Let say, you really like doing product modeling and visualization then modeling game assets but the problem is there is only 1 company that does product viz and 5 companies that make games. So which path will you choose and why?

Replies

• Loxasi9051
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If i would like Product modeling and visualization more than i would go for it... Theres no point doing something you dont really like and passionate about. about the studio problem in your country luckily in todays world especially in the Art business it doesnt matter where you are. If you are talented they are gonna take care of the VISA and all important stuff to move into a another country so you shouldn't worry about that..

Do that what you are passionate about and you like!
  • Meloncov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meloncov greentooth
    There's a very good chance it's easier to land a job at that one product modeling place than any of the game studios. Certainly it was much easier to land a job at the product visualization company I worked at than at any game studio; they hired people with portfolios that would have been laughed at at most game studios.

There's also a very good chance you'll have better work life balance and better pay doing product visualization.
  • Neox
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    If i would like Product modeling and visualization more than i would go for it... Theres no point doing something you dont really like and passionate about. about the studio problem in your country luckily in todays world especially in the Art business it doesnt matter where you are. If you are talented they are gonna take care of the VISA and all important stuff to move into a another country so you shouldn't worry about that..

Do that what you are passionate about and you like!

with corona going on this will likely not be "as easy" as it used to be. But working remotely does happen more often these days.