Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Critique

Ridergraal
node
Hi, 
At the moment I am trying to pursue an internship as a 3D generalist, however before I start applying I would like to know if my portfolio is even good enough to try, I know it's nothing amazing but I am hoping it is a good start in order to apply.

Ridergraal.artstation.com

Any tips or feedback would be great. 

Replies

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    I like the gramophone and classroom chairs/desk/scene.
    idk what is required seems like all the job listings have a magnitude of requirements, other than that though from what i've read people would like at least 5 presentable finalized/refined pieces for the portfolio.  (FOR ME) i see those two as being good enough, i do not hire anyone nor know the requirements for a 3D Gen, now-a-days.
    You could apply but at the same time also create more refined finalized pieces that resemble the two i mentioned, would really help you.
    Gramophone is the strongest piece at the moment and (for me) the lighting would need a touch of work, the back end is really dark (for my screen anyway).

I'd look on artstation for a 3D generalist that you admire or would "hire", and replicate the quality of work you see there as best you can, asking in here when you start new projects would help you get a better understanding of what might be required for a 3D generalist, though you searching would land you exactly (the level of skill) you need to be at.

Again apply but continue to create new pieces.(i tried to help so hopefully it does.)