Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[FINISHED] Star Wars Patrol Trooper Helmet

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I would like to see the wire frame for the high poly. There are a lot of pieces, such as the visor, which would probably be better as a separate mesh, I'm not sure why you had edge loops continue from the white part of the mask to the visor. Those discs in the jaw of the helmet are taking up a lot of polygons which could be used elsewhere. I'd have suggested using a little more polygon resolution in the round parts. I like the render, and the helmet does look pretty dope :)
  • Roman_Gardn
    @Ashervisalis thanks a lot. Yeah, looking back at it, I should have redistribute polys more wisely. As for the parts that would better be a separate mesh, the high poly was initially made for 3d printing and for adding thickness it was easier to have a more continuous mesh. Plus what I like about it is that you get a nice bevel on a normal where the parts intersect that you would not get otherwise (maybe I'm wrong here or I don't know something)
  • Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I would say this might be an issue, regarding the bevel. When you have two different parts intersecting/meeting in real life, there is no bevel, which is why I would avoid a continuous mesh for parts which are different materials or parts. If you made it for printing though, I guess my point doesn't have a leg to stand on!