Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I first implemented my concept

Osmann
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Osmann polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone, I am showing you my work. For the first time I presented myself as a concept artist.
Please evaluate and give advice on future achievements! 
(My artstation link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aY0NG2)

Replies

• Kanni3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    Super cool design, and great modeling/textures! I feel a big inspiration/reminiscence of DOOM's arachnotron :grin:

• Osmann
    Offline / Send Message
    Osmann polycounter lvl 3
    Kanni3d said:
    Super cool design, and great modeling/textures! I feel a big inspiration/reminiscence of DOOM's arachnotron :grin:

Thank you, very glad
  • CheeseOnToast
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    Model and design are good but I think that the textures are too noisy overall. Have some flatter/simpler areas of texture to provide some visual resting points.

Your current lighting setup is flattening the image as well. Try a simple 3 light combo - fill light (usually skybox, HDRI image with exposure tweaks), a rim light and a key light.
  • Osmann
    Offline / Send Message
    Osmann polycounter lvl 3
    Model and design are good but I think that the textures are too noisy overall. Have some flatter/simpler areas of texture to provide some visual resting points.

Your current lighting setup is flattening the image as well. Try a simple 3 light combo - fill light (usually skybox, HDRI image with exposure tweaks), a rim light and a key light.
    Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll try to do it!