Home Marmoset

how to bake single plane in marmoset?

lindsay_han
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
lindsay_han polycounter lvl 3
hi guys, I met some problems in marmoset. There is one plane used as a piece of glass on the scope, and it only has low poly, but when I bake in marmoset, it seems that the marmoset doesn't identify the UV of this plane (as shown in the red frame in the normal map at the end ). So how should I do fix this problem? 

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You'll need to make sure it has a corresponding high poly element. Right now there isn't a high surface to hit so it fails to hit anything and creates an empty result in the bake. What you see here is the pixel padding trying to fill in the blank space.

The highpoly mesh doesn't need to be complicated, it can be a simple plane (copy of low).
  • lindsay_han
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lindsay_han polycounter lvl 3
    You'll need to make sure it has a corresponding high poly element. Right now there isn't a high surface to hit so it fails to hit anything and creates an empty result in the bake. What you see here is the pixel padding trying to fill in the blank space.

The highpoly mesh doesn't need to be complicated, it can be a simple plane (copy of low).
    that's it! problem solved, thanks a lot!