Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Game of Thrones rookie Fan Sculpt - Roose Bolton

i started this out as a nose study but turns out his face is too much fun to stop sculpting after just one feature..

can you guys tell that it's him?

what are my anatomical mistakes? hope it's not too many.

i should probably fix the topology around the mouth area but i am too afraid that it might screw with the rest of the face..

am i at a good stage to subdivide to ~800k and go for 2ndary forms?

how much more do i need to do before retopologizing in maya? 

Thanks! 

Replies

• HarlequinWerewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequinWerewolf polycounter
    I would actually knock your subdivisions down a level or two to make sure your primary forms are creating the volume you need. You're also missing a lot of folds and shapes around the lips. I would really try to work on this area at a lower sub-div and then build up the fat and muscle around the lips. I also think the gap between his ear and eyes is a little short. Try overlaying an image of him in ZBrush to see where you can move stuff around but remember all reference images will be different due to focal lengthens, lighting etc.
  • JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    I agree, lower the subdiv for now and try to nail the primary shapes. I would also get rid of that reference image with the mustache, the focal length is off and his face is not neutral so it´s not a good reference.
  • theycallmedualian
    I agree, lower the subdiv for now and try to nail the primary shapes. I would also get rid of that reference image with the mustache, the focal length is off and his face is not neutral so it´s not a good reference.
    I would actually knock your subdivisions down a level or two to make sure your primary forms are creating the volume you need. You're also missing a lot of folds and shapes around the lips. I would really try to work on this area at a lower sub-div and then build up the fat and muscle around the lips. I also think the gap between his ear and eyes is a little short. Try overlaying an image of him in ZBrush to see where you can move stuff around but remember all reference images will be different due to focal lengthens, lighting etc.
    thanks guys! i will zremesher down to 100k polys and establish a stronger foundation first . im currently at 220k so i suppose it's a bit too high.  and yea i totally need to refine the mouth lol, was kind of a placeholder still. 

aside from the mouth and the ears, is the rest of my facial anatomical knowledge competent enough to be hired, not considering other fields and aspects? are there any specific structures and form in the face a studio would be looking for? 

Ty!