Home Adobe Substance

Help with Substance painter

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Nadra_Nagy polycounter lvl 4
Hello guys, I was modeling an axe, the low poly was done on maya, then I sculpted the details on Zbrush
After uv unwrapping and exporting, I got this and the antialiasing was 8x8 could someone please help me??

Replies

• gvii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gvii polycounter lvl 10
    That looks like the texel density being too low for that piece.
  • Nadra_Nagy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gvii said:
    That looks like the texel density being too low for that piece.
    Thank you for your reply, but what is the texel density
  • Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    The amount of resolution your  UV islands receive per pixel (or scale of the islands to put it extremely simply). You can tell there's a mismatch in texel density as you have a sharp, crisp high res bake on the sides, but the middle problem area is blurry. 

That doesn't only seem to be the problem though, there's some gnarly stretching and distorting. You can select that problem uv island and give it another relax, and also should normalize the uv shells (which makes the islands the same scale/texel density).

feel free to attach your files like last time, and I'll take a look :smile:

• Nadra_Nagy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d said:
    The amount of resolution your  UV islands receive per pixel (or scale of the islands to put it extremely simply). You can tell there's a mismatch in texel density as you have a sharp, crisp high res bake on the sides, but the middle problem area is blurry. 

That doesn't only seem to be the problem though, there's some gnarly stretching and distorting. You can select that problem uv island and give it another relax, and also should normalize the uv shells (which makes the islands the same scale/texel density).

feel free to attach your files like last time, and I'll take a look :smile:

As usual there for help Kanni, thank you do much, and you're right it wasn't the problem
    I tried for several times to see what's the problem, and eventually it was cutting the UVs