Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ahsoka Tano - Star Wars fan art in UE4

Hey there! Longtime lurker here finally posting up some work. 

Here's my version of Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars! As soon as I heard she might be in The Mandalorian, I knew I had to make a more realistic version of her design from the Rebels show. I hope you like it!

More content here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/D5vP30

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I like it!  

Granted, this is a fairly clean model (not a lot of muck and grime), but I can't shake the feeling it feels texturally flat, but I don't know if that warrants adding more alebdoe variance and subtle gradients here or there, or if it's alighting thing.  I have an issue with this myself with my own characters still.
  • VertexShark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it!  

Granted, this is a fairly clean model (not a lot of muck and grime), but I can't shake the feeling it feels texturally flat, but I don't know if that warrants adding more alebdoe variance and subtle gradients here or there, or if it's alighting thing.  I have an issue with this myself with my own characters still.
    Thanks for the critique! This is certainly something I struggle with at times, especially when trying to translate a cartoon character into something more real. Hitting that balance in detail on clean things is quite tricky.
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    I agree with Brian, I also like it and feel its flat, some subtle gradients would def help 
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    YUou know what it is?  Maybe it's like the editing that would help make this FEEL less flat is technically artistic license that would make it technically NOT PBR realistic.  Like baking in a little  AO into an Albedo.
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    As a huge fan of Ahsoka, I dig it!  I will have to agree that she feels too simple.  As a more realistic rendition, I would have given her more details.  Added pieces, more folds, etc.  Still, she looks great!
  • VertexShark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh said:
    As a huge fan of Ahsoka, I dig it!  I will have to agree that she feels too simple.  As a more realistic rendition, I would have given her more details.  Added pieces, more folds, etc.  Still, she looks great!
    Thank you! I've been a big fan of your work ever since your Wonder Woman piece!

Thank you all for the feedback!