Home Career & Education

re learning various techniques

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
so yeah I have spent the last year just re learning the stuff that I have found difficult in the past like cloth/heads etc and the only
thing that i am really annoyed with now is low poly hair planes. easy enough to do with larger planes, but to do a stylish haircut and keep it under control is almost like voodoo magic:) (Sobs in to blanket)

Ideally take a high res hairstyle using curves in either zbrush/blender or xgen and 'painfully' convert to low poly planes.
starting to think that it s best to do it all by hand, but takes too long really
BUT I have  learned that if you try enough techniques then 1 of them will work for you at some point :)

I have pretty much got the hang of the curves ie higher res hairstyles , though would not call myself a proper hair dude -
learned enough to present my work and not have too many bald characters

the hair above/left took about 20 mins in blender, the other one on the right took hours in zbrush

I will be bitching about sculpting  hand's next month, because they are the devils own sausages attached to a larger piece of  meat :)
My main tip is  to go hard edged using flatten and dam standard then smooth off

not rreally a rant, just a few observations about how hard the whole character process has become

Replies