Home Adobe Substance

UV issue? Need some help

In the photo the faces are acting weird even though all the faces around them have the same smoothing group and the verts are welded.

How can i fix this?

Below are the objs i exported out of 3ds max.

Replies

• gvii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gvii polycounter lvl 10
    Any chance its a bad bake? Usually when that happens to me it's when I have geometry over geometry and the bake caught some of the faces of the underlying geo. Usually tweaking the distances fixes it.
  • Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    Include your source files/fbx's for us to take a look at, it would be much easier to diagnose rather than throw a dozen speculations of what could be the culprit.
  • rememba_da_name
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d said:
    Include your source files/fbx's for us to take a look at, it would be much easier to diagnose rather than throw a dozen speculations of what could be the culprit.
    I added them

• gvii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gvii polycounter lvl 10
    Low poly has a lot of n-gons and no uv's? Is this the right version of it? I don't exactly know which was the problem area, but when I baked it the major issue happened at the round shape and it's mostly due to bad geometry.
  • gvii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gvii polycounter lvl 10
    With slightly cleaner geo and using substance's auto unwrap. You need cleaner geo both in the high and low. They both had shading issues, which will get you bad bakes.
  • rememba_da_name
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gvii said:
    With slightly cleaner geo and using substance's auto unwrap. You need cleaner geo both in the high and low. They both had shading issues, which will get you bad bakes.
    Where did you bake? 
    WHere i circles is those 2 issues that appear like flat faces but the normals arent broken, the verts are welded and i did UV map the lower
  • gvii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gvii polycounter lvl 10
    Where did you bake? 
    WHere i circles is those 2 issues that appear like flat faces but the normals arent broken, the verts are welded and i did UV map the lower
    I did the bake in substance painter. It could be that if you are baking multiple objects, the match by name setup isn't occuring correctly and it's baking off other object into that part of the texture. Sorry for the late reply.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    The issue is almost certainly in the low poly and assuming UVs are good is probably caused by triangulation on import.
    If the OP exports the model from painter and compares it to the source mesh I expect the problem will become obvious 

I said as much in the other thread the OP posted but there was no response