Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Female Face

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi there, I need some feedback on my face sculpting practice. I'm still having trouble on doing the lips and no matter what reference I use I still feel unsatisfied on whatever result I make of it, any tips? By the this is a female face.

Replies

• JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    well you´ve given her a bit of a pucker. pay more attention to the area above the mouth, it shouldn´t cave in like that. I would also fix the front of her cheekbones, they go too far forward and cut into her nose from the side. her neck could also come a bit forward. 
    good luck  :)

• Enzo_98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well you´ve given her a bit of a pucker. pay more attention to the area above the mouth, it shouldn´t cave in like that. I would also fix the front of her cheekbones, they go too far forward and cut into her nose from the side. her neck could also come a bit forward. 
    good luck  :)

Here's an update, so I made the upper lip a little smaller. I did some adjustments on the cheekbones and the neck. Though I'm not sure if I did the cheekbones correct this time.

• tysiu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tysiu keyframe
    The lip corners need a bit more work. The skin in that par should fold inside rather than make a hard crease. Don't know how to really explain it in english, so I'm leaving some refs.

As for the cheekbones I think you're going a bit too wide with them. They don't necessarily need to be so visible on the side view. The upper eyelids could be a bit thicker, right now they are really squished to the eyeball.
    I did a quick overpaint in photoshop to show you what parts I would change a bit.

All in all, you're doing really good, I wanna see more.
  • Enzo_98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tysiu said:
    The lip corners need a bit more work. The skin in that par should fold inside rather than make a hard crease. Don't know how to really explain it in english, so I'm leaving some refs.

As for the cheekbones I think you're going a bit too wide with them. They don't necessarily need to be so visible on the side view. The upper eyelids could be a bit thicker, right now they are really squished to the eyeball.
    I did a quick overpaint in photoshop to show you what parts I would change a bit.

Thank you so much! I really needed this. The quick overpaint will actually help me. I'll try to replicate this and leave an update here.
  • Enzo_98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tysiu said:

Here's the update.

• tysiu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tysiu keyframe
    I'm glad I could be of help :) 
  • Enzo_98
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tysiu said:
    I'm glad I could be of help :) 
    Yeah thanks :) anyway I already posted an update.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Poke the corners of the mouth in.