Home Unreal Engine

UE5 cinematic model quality ?!!!

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
ffm32206600 polycounter lvl 7
hello my friends
as u know in the introduction ue5 they said u dont need to make the low-poly model any more !!!
if this be true i thing the industry would completely change
what your opinion my friends?
so in future we will only model our high poly mesh and texture it and then lets go to engine or the old methods(highpoly+lowpoly+baking) still will stay with us??
i will be happy to know your opinions
best regard 

Replies

• TirvasFreeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TirvasFreeze polycounter lvl 3
    If we just would used High Poly models in games the game would weight about 300 - 500 GB i dont think UE5 is gonna change anything in the Industry
  • ffm32206600
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ffm32206600 polycounter lvl 7

good point u mentioned my friend,i never thought about that,there was also a good feature in the engine that was awsome,that was strand base hair that mean we dont need to make the hair cards any more...
    but i think highpoly and cinematic model quality and hair system will use for main characters and main spaces i think...

• KiraMeow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    High poly's are too much of a performance issue in animation software. Trying to use them leads to issues all the way down the pipeline, the functional usage of them will in the near future likely only be for static environment assets.
  • yaschan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yaschan polycounter lvl 7
    It is possible that for the issue of storage the industry will move towards cloud like in MS Flight Simulator so stuff will be streamed when needed.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    If we just would used High Poly models in games the game would weight about 300 - 500 GB i dont think UE5 is gonna change anything in the Industry
    The UE5 demo scene is 24 gb packaged, with 75% of the space being taken up by textures. High poly Nanite models barely take up any disk space. Less than normal maps for better results.