Home Technical Talk

ZBrush Flat Color Issue

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
kat_sta polycounter lvl 4
Good day folks!

I am about to put some polypaint on my model in ZBrush but whenever I turn on flat color to check how it's going, I come across this issue - It looks like there is another model underneth it. It's the same when I try different Materials without pressing Fill Obkect. Does anyone came across same issue?

Replies

• CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    It looks like you have painted some material information along with the RGB at some point. Change to a basic brush, set to paint materials only "M" and hit fill object with the flat colour material loaded.

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Toast gave the solution, just adding in another possibility, scenario i run into which looks similar to this. 

To op or anyone who comes across this, if you use a custom material you've downloaded or made, you have to save it and put it into the material folder (i never did this) i always just locate it on the desktop folders and reload it, this issue happens to me when i try to make my own custom material.
    Do what toast said, idk how well zbrush handles multi-material colourings (materials with different properties, say two different skin materials) Think I've done it in the past and lucked out and they vertex color id (baked out fine).

• kat_sta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like you have painted some material information along with the RGB at some point. Change to a basic brush, set to paint materials only "M" and hit fill object with the flat colour material loaded.

Thanks for your help guys. I was trying to select only M but it doesn't let me without selecting RGB together with it, not sure why
  • gvii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gvii polycounter lvl 10
    There are 4 modes to it, you can access them all from the spacebar menu. M, RGB, MRGB, and none. M will do paint in material only, rgb colors only and mrgb will paint in both, while un-checking whichever is activated will disable the painting entirely. I suggest choosing flat color from materials then using fill from subtool master set to material. This will remove all materials you may have accidentally painted in from all the subtools in one go.
  • kat_sta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, thank you, that's handy info. ALthough now when I only want flat color to review where I painted with brush, it just doesn't appear at all (I have M set on and I did as you advised filling layer from Subtool Master)
  • gvii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gvii polycounter lvl 10
    kat_sta said:
    wow, thank you, that's handy info. ALthough now when I only want flat color to review where I painted with brush, it just doesn't appear at all (I have M set on and I did as you advised filling layer from Subtool Master)
    If you filled with flat color material using "material" check on subtool master's fill, what should have happened was that all subtools would have their material info wiped. In other words your polypaint data would be untouched but subtools would now contain no materials painted in. Afterwards you would use whatever brush you want to use set to "RGB" so you would only add polypaint (Vertex color) to the subtools. Of course, this is all assuming you don't have layers on the subtools, because otherwise you would have to do your changes on there while they are set to record.