Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Project Cyberpunk Racing.

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
ValiantDan polycounter lvl 12
Project Cyberpunk Racing 

I’m currently working on updating my portfolio. My current project is for the general audience. I plan on having a Character and Vehicle for the initial design. So that I can try and tell a story. This document is to help me keep track, and have all the list of features I hope that can make it into the initial modeling designs. The Design doc may change during my progress.

For the software I plan on using Blender, Affinity Photo, Pureferf, and render the in game model into Unreal Engine. 

Color Scheme 

White is the overall base color Blue and Red, should be in various shapes, and gold being the decor of both red and blue. 

Vehicle: The Chariot 

Have more scratches on one side of the vehicle during races. Implying that drivers often use the more turns right or left turns; depending on the track.

Color coated paint jobs faded out like comic book dots faded into each other drawing the eye not to create muddy colors With. Design Aesthetics for Logos added on to the body black outline to separate from the overall color scheme 

Logo’s needed 

1. Affinity Photo

2. Blender

3. Ngon

4. Pureref

5. Unreal Engine 

Have the type player seem like it was installed afterward, Design choice from the character. Possibly a botched job, imply scratches and poor choice of implementation. Almost have duct tape holding it in place. Put a tape deck player installed into the frame, have a tape deck of something maybe like peaceful. “Sam’s idea” 

Hologram display has a 225 degree angle. displaying, stats, modes, radar. 

Expensive idea, figure out how to render a camera in unreal engine deep saying the front of where the camera is being seen from, figure away to have that FOV displayed onto the material. 

Sources, probably used back in unreal engine 99 when they used to have teleports with basic brush. Add a static effect over all material. For see through and passable.

Material notes.

Have all UV shells roasted 90 facing up so that if a wet material is applied the effect would act as a rain effect, in game for effects during terrain. Wet, Mud, Oil, Scratches, ext. No uv mirroring, take full advantage of the texture map. Ecpt roll cage bars, and Font tires, any parts that are repeatable.

1024 x 1024 hologram view

2048 x 2048 player character

4096 x 4096 vehicle 

Break up the overall fiberglass body of the vehicle better, so that the parts can be physically removed easier. For the access to services those mechanics inside the machine. 

Tire frame design. The tire is gantic, Instead of replacing the entire wheel, the design is broken up into smaller strips, for when the tire breaks in a part. You just need to repair the one particle part. No air needed, tire is baked of new cushion design 3d printed. Try using a 30 strips array with a modifier attached to a curve. With an empty in the center. 

Backstory The Fourth Place Winner. 

Name: Jeric Loosler

A racer finally getting close to his dream of becoming a professional racer. Although he's always been in last, Not skilled enough to be great, good enough to get noticed. On the edge of losing his sponsorships. He races towards the goal. Will he have enough discipline to make it, or will he give up the dream?

Currently using a 3D scan of myself to create the head. “Might drop it and build up from scratch” 

Create the NASCar Cup logo with the wording of “Electronic Motor World Racing CUP”

Find a text that would be = to what they used, gotta have the racing car aesthetic 

EMWR - CUP

Suit Design

Needs a camera, For First person recording.

Visor has modes to mix both infrared lights into a blended feature overlay to reduce shadows. For further view distance on the decals indicated to the road. For this effect use a FX material that would just lighten the transparent parts of the glass. Make it glow just a tad bit. Making it interesting. Highlighting the face of the character.

Needs calibrated noise filters, so when the helmet is in use, all sounds are leveled out or priority of the algorithm from software. 

1. Warning signs

2. Incoming traffic

3. Engine sounds

Helmet HUD inside visor to aid support for visibility. Inside the helmet, with face gestures could implement communication while for the support team for pit stops. You can talk to other 

Demands for suit requirements

• CE approved protectors on shoulder, elbow, knee.

• Outer, interchangeable elbow slider

• Perforated leather.

• Racing back.

• Perforated leather panels for air ventilation.

• Reflective zones.

• Removable knee sliders.

Body

The padding is built in the sutit on top. have neck,  upper back, shodler, chest, elbows, hips, shin, and knees..

have clothing that overlaps, so that it is facented with buttons, so that it's customizable, for possibly different operations Imply that there could be attachments, for different aspects.

To help create A symmetry, use choose one side to imply that a wire comes though into the woven fabric of the suit, use that system to have it connect from the helmet in to the back following it down to the pocket. Make it look like a USB type of connector. Creating a relation for identification to your viewer to use their imagination.

Gloves

Have fingers to be able to have contacts so that the user can use touch screen buttons while wearing the gloves.

Environment

What if the racer was in progress and the model your making had dents and scratches more on curtains slides. Making the whole mesh usable. No UV mirroring, and more history can be created from the dangerous race, where cehc vials jump off ledges to make it across the track, that has sharp turns and twists and bumps. 

Reach of the track would have different colors with a stripe pattern indicating what terrain it was for the road, so that riders can brace fo it according with skill and experience, 

Asphalt is generally black 

White lines would indicate race lap, or heck points for time. Depning how long the duration of the road was. Player could race against time, or for how many laps. “If the rack is randomly generated then having the adding of time duration ” Players who didn't make the time would be terminated based on whos last, Last in line would imply time to sink faster, Who ever is in front would have the normal time sync. Other game modes. The track would be automatically randomly generated until a long distance. Bla bla bla bla.

Each of the tracks would have different colors with a stripe pattern indicating what terrain it was for the road, so that riders could brace for it according to skill and experience.

Red bumps = more traction, slower speeds.

Blue =  Faster speeds, used for many possibilities of Jumps, Speed up long distances. Giving the player an idea on how the phase of the track could be laid out. Dangerous to speed up on sharp turns, you would have to coation about what was tricky about it, or petal to the metal. 

Purple =  would imply to the driver that they could drive up on any surface breaking the law of physics after all it's just a game. Make it fun. Not realistic. Imagine racing somebody who’s parallel to you but on the wall or upside down depending on the route, then if they drove off that purple surface, would result in falling off. 

Yellow = slick surfaces, to make players avoid and adjust to keep out of losing control over the surface.

Replies