Home Technical Talk

C4D Project Neutron

polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
oglu polycount lvl 666
This does look really interesting. 
From the beginning we see some procedural modeling. Starts at 19min.
https://youtu.be/XyfHs-6o1AY?t=800

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Hope it would be easier than Max creation graph  and Houdini too.        I wasted lots of time in Houdini some years ago.    Even  basic things could easily  turn into endless R&D.

Tried  recently to recreate Blenders Array feature of UV  shifting  alongside with array instances , never figured it out.     If Cinema would make something of Houdini  sort  that would be easier to work with  I would gladly subscribe.

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    On the C4D café forums one Admin writes it works with up to literal millions of instances in viewport and they are planning to rewrite everything to this new (I assume ECS?) based architecture which then is similar to houdini nodes at first it seems like but then later will be the core of all operations, so you would be able to model as usual and it would create the node process in the background 

sounds pretty crazy but could turn our really strong - will unlikely have the amount of special nodes as houdini but if it works with the normal modeling workflow and in much easier fashion that could be a very nice easy alternative without breaking your habits

Cinema is a bit slow on some areas but they have a very strong component based foundation set from the start and this is really paying off now, while other Softwares are getting clumsier and clumsier with their hard coded "Just get it in there" approaches