Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Greek Hoplite

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
AndrewMGillogly polycounter lvl 2
Recently finished up my latest project, a Greek Hoplite! Really enjoyed putting this piece together over the past few weeks!

See the full post on my artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/d80DaX

Hoplite: 5 X 4096
Shield: 1 X 4096
Spear: 1 X 4096
Hair: 2k textures

Replies

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Looking good.
    I remember this rumour about the movie gladiator in which they CG-d russel's legs because they were too skinny. And that makes sense to me, these gladiators would have to be very strong in their legs because the armor would weigh as much as a small car. Not to mention all the walking and the heavy lifting they would do back then.
    Not a char artist here, but i think there is a rule against posing your char to look straight at the camera. Or at least there should be one...
  • AndrewMGillogly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewMGillogly polycounter lvl 2
    teodar23 said:
    Looking good.
    I remember this rumour about the movie gladiator in which they CG-d russel's legs because they were too skinny. And that makes sense to me, these gladiators would have to be very strong in their legs because the armor would weigh as much as a small car. Not to mention all the walking and the heavy lifting they would do back then.
    Not a char artist here, but i think there is a rule against posing your char to look straight at the camera. Or at least there should be one...
    Haha yeah that would make sense, I'll keep that in mind when posing my characters in the future! Thanks!