Home Career & Education

Highest game jobs salaries around Europe?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
salimmatta polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys,

I know my question is kinda flat, but out of curiosity, I'm a game artist who has 6 years of professional experience, I was looking for game jobs salaries in Europe, but would really like to hear opinions concerning best countries in Europe when it comes to game jobs salaries and gamedev overall.

Kind regards :)

Replies

• Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    Hard to say, companies that pay higher salaries are also located in very expensive cities.
  • Biomag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool
    Yeah, it's really hard to compare salaries with the very, very different costs of living and sometimes even different currencies that you might face in Europe. Just as a example eating in a restaurant in Finland is roughly twice as expensive as in Austria, which still costs about 4x as much as eating in a restaurant Poland - talking about comparable quality in service. And yet again the price differences in grocery stores are not the same, as Finland is about the same as Austria, with again Poland being up to 4 times cheaper for local food. Add to that completely different social security and insurance standards (for example in Austria your social security is on such a high level that private medical insurances are very rare, contrary to Poland where I've seen them being added to most job offers as benefits) or taxes and combinations of forms of employment - it becomes nothing that can be simply answered with a general statement.