Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished] Kodak Folding Camera

MightyMorphin
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
MightyMorphin polycounter lvl 3
Hello people.

I've recently finished modelling and texturing my granddad's old Kodak folding camera. I really wanted to concentrate on improving my texturing, as that is by far my weakest area.

Any criticism would be massively appreciated.

A turntable and viewer is also available on my Artstation - https://www.artstation.com/j3dj.

Beauty

Wireframe/Lowpoly

Highpoly

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.

Replies

• JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    very nice model.  Do you have a lot of sharpening happening in post process though? because I feel the textures in the renders are reading a little noisy but when I look at the viewer on artstation it seems less so.
  • MightyMorphin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MightyMorphin polycounter lvl 3
    very nice model.  Do you have a lot of sharpening happening in post process though? because I feel the textures in the renders are reading a little noisy but when I look at the viewer on artstation it seems less so.
    Thanks man :)

I added a sharpening type filter in Photoshop to draw out some of the detail yeah. That's probably why it isn't showing as sharp in the viewer (plus it's way lower resolution). I'll be mindful of overdoing it in the future.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Too much sharpening, and noise.  Have to agree with that.  The model looks super solid, but a good neutral studio lighting setup  would really help it.