Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hi everyone, I would really love to get some feedback on my animated scene to i can improve!

Replies

• hknoblauch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hknoblauch polycounter lvl 3
    I would love to get some input from you all so i can improve, what do you guys and girls think?
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Before anything i am not an animator what so ever, felt like that one minute bump was too long so i can here to post a response for you.

Any whozile i see a pan movement then some fog and or mist passing by.  (idk what program you are using) but panning is not too hard to do, so i do not know how helpful i can be.
    I like it for what it is, maybe try something more complicated ? Like something happens in the scene, the buildings fall down, the train comes into the scene, the train flys into the buildings the lights blinking, tracks breaking, light broken get some wires swinging, random air plane, people jumping out the windows cause then a monster comes out of the ground and the buildings fall over. That escalated quickly.

Just a few ideas, hopefully those help more than my panning comment, good luck.

Edit:
    This area if you didn't post it already, might give you more help:
    https://polycount.com/categories/animation-showcase-critiques
  • Boosted24v
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boosted24v polygon
    as David said, I'm not animator myself, so my critique is just on general ideas. From my point of view you built a scene, slapped on some SFX and had a simple camera panning right to left to show off what you built. First off I don't think the sound fits this scene at all, or maybe it does and there are other elements that are lacking. Is this camera just panning in free space? or is the camera perhaps from a train thats riding on those tracks? if so maybe add some shake to the camera to add to the effect of being on a train. If theres a working train in this ruined city, other systems must be working as well, perhaps have the lights on the tracks flashing. Dust/debris falling from the tracks from the vibration of the train moving along the track etc.

However if this camera is just panning in free space, unlinked to any object and just to show off the environment id kill the current sounds. scenes like this should have almost an unnatural silence, maybe have some wind blowing effect but not much else. emphasize the lack of activity in the once highly active and chaotic environment of a living city.

Another thing you might consider is how long has the city been destroyed? was a very recent? maybe things are still falling apart? maybe things still burning or smoldering. Has it been a while? maybe nature has begun to take back the city and plant life has begun growing in the cracks and crevices.
  • hknoblauch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hknoblauch polycounter lvl 3
    good input thangs guys!