Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished] Steampunk Jetpack

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Tofi polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone. I'm making a jetpack as a portfolio piece and I'm wondering what I could do for it to look better before I start with retopo.
It's supposed to be a military retro jetpack. I might add a military radio, although I'm not sure where I should place it. 
Thanks in advance

Replies

• Tofi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tofi polycounter lvl 3
    I've finished the high poly. Feedback would be more than welcomed
    Thanks!

• Tofi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tofi polycounter lvl 3
    Small update. I've finished the retopo and UVs and started playing around with materials

• Tofi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tofi polycounter lvl 3
    So I finally got around to texturing this bad boy but I still have a lot of work to do. 
    I still have to finish the headlights, pressure gauge, other screens, add stickers, and overall polish the jetpack.

• Tofi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tofi polycounter lvl 3
    I'm finally calling this done. I hope you guys like it and if you have any feedback, it's very welcome.

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Hey man, sorry for the late reply but here goes.
    There are still some areas with visible seams, meaning there is a sharp line and discontinuity in the textures.
    The white paint on the side tanks is more low rez than the rest of the terxtures. Idk what happened there but its very distracting. Also the grunge or chipping away is very random.
    Speaking of distracting, it took me a while to figure out that the main tank is made of copper and the secondary tanks are of something else (iron probably) but its bugging because they look very similar even tho they are different materials.
    The electrical wires on the main tank just stand there, they are not held in place by anything.
    The backplate has some serious scratches on it but that lip at the edge should stop the damage from going in too deep. Also there is a scratch below a screw for some reason.
    I like the concept tho.
  • Tofi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tofi polycounter lvl 3
    I've fixed some of the issues. There were cable holders, they just weren't in their place lol