Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[FINISHED] Female Character project

shredde
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
shredde polycounter lvl 6
Hello :) I started an ambitious project today, modeling a female character from scratch in Zbrush. I still havent decided If I'll texture it in Painter or just leave it with the finished model. After a few hours I think Im pretty happy with the head :) Moving on to the body in the next few days.

Replies

• tysiu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tysiu keyframe
    I really like the lips :)
  • shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tysiu said:
    I really like the lips :)
    Thanks! :) I usually struggle with the lips!
  • shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First version of the body, alot to fix here still. hands/fingers and possibly a bit longer arms.

• shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some progress with the body, still a bit to go with some adjustments and details (especially in the back), but I wont do too much more since Im adding clothes anyways :)

• shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started to work on the clothes a bit.

• shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some adjustments to the posture and refined the jacket a bit. I still think head is too big, have to check refs. Moving on to the rest of the clothes. :) 

• shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some leggings :) 

• Crazy_pixel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Like the style so far, what is the story behind your character?
  • shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like the style so far, what is the story behind your character?
    Thank you! :-) I didn't really plan this character design at all. I started out just as a way of getting comfortable with Zbrush :) I have this idea of posing her holding a rifle or handgun (If Im capabale of modeling that in Zbrush too :)
  • shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying some alphas on the face. Im quite happy with my progress in one week. Hopefully this won't be a perpetual project as I feared :-)

• shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Worked a bit more on the jacket. Now I have to figure out how to get the zipper on there :) Also tried getting the brows to look right.

• shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some shoes, but I 'cheated' and modeled the base in Blender to save time. Also did a quick preview render in Cycles to see how the head looks. This is just with a flat shader though, no painted skin textures yet :)

• hreazee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hreazee polycounter lvl 9
    Hey dude, this is seems to be going on a good direction, cloths are looking nice, although at the moment feels a little stiff. there are fold and creases you can get from artstation or gumroad to help you.

The skin pores is not doing any justice to your model. right now it looks like Perlin noise all over, very unified and generic. 
    each part of the face no matter the age has a different look of pores. again artstation or gumroads has tutorials , alphas and brushes for skin that can help you out on your modelling.

here is Hossein Diba's work as an example of skin pores. Hope this helps.

• shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hreazee said:
    Hey dude, this is seems to be going on a good direction, cloths are looking nice, although at the moment feels a little stiff. there are fold and creases you can get from artstation or gumroad to help you.

The skin pores is not doing any justice to your model. right now it looks like Perlin noise all over, very unified and generic. 
    each part of the face no matter the age has a different look of pores. again artstation or gumroads has tutorials , alphas and brushes for skin that can help you out on your modelling.

here is Hossein Diba's work as an example of skin pores. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your feedback! You're defs right on the uniform pores. I used the noise in Zbrush and was wondering about adding the specific nose, cheek pores etc from XYZ, but Im not sure if I want that scan like look of the skin :) Maybe just something to break up the spec.

Did some early look deving today with placeholder hair/brows just to see if it's even going to look like a woman in the end :D 

• shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I ditched the biker jacket since I can't get it to look the way I want. Tried to make a bomber instead. Also rigged her.

Update: Changed the hair because I felt like having it out covered too much of the model.

• shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello! I haven't been able to work on this for a while, but here is the final clay render :)
  • shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally finished this one. I've been tweaking it back and forth, but I think this is pretty much the best I can do. :)

• shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just wanted to add another render of this piece. Im not sure what to do next, feeling a bit done with characters for a while after this!

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    this is great over all, solid work.  IMO her upper lip area seems a bit off, but in a very subtle way.  It's almost like she has some light duck face going on, but again its barely there.  
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Cool stuff here, one thing that i noticed that i thought stood out was the backside has an indented line, but the front of the pelvic has a protruding line.   Making it black tights sorts the issue out a tad but not in the zbrush sculpt.  Nice attempt still at a realistic female, it can work for a few situations, hope to see more when you feel up for it.
  • shredde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz said:
    Cool stuff here, one thing that i noticed that i thought stood out was the backside has an indented line, but the front of the pelvic has a protruding line.   Making it black tights sorts the issue out a tad but not in the zbrush sculpt.  Nice attempt still at a realistic female, it can work for a few situations, hope to see more when you feel up for it.
    Thank you! :) Was it the crotch seam you were refering to? In that case it was sloppiness :)

this is great over all, solid work.  IMO her upper lip area seems a bit off, but in a very subtle way.  It's almost like she has some light duck face going on, but again its barely there.  
    Thank you for your feedback! :-) 
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    shredde said: DavidCruz said: Cool stuff here
    Thank you! :) Was it the crotch seam you were referring to? In that case it was sloppiness :)
    Yea i guess, i also started to wonder if irl pants for ladies are made this way, i actually thought the backside had a zipper hidden back there.
    Though yea seams are a pain, a nice slightly folded seam down one of the sides might have been good enough since that would reflect reality.  :)
    I want to attempt a realistic design one day, have to really be into the design though.  Anyway nice work and hope to see the next one.