Hello there! I recently made my first course for an ArtStation challenge, but because of the deadline, I uploaded the first half at a reduced price until I manage to do the voice-overs for the rest of the course.
It's beginner-friendly, you can start learning how to use the tools in Marvelous Designer at the same time you create re-usable assets for your future projects.
If you get it now you'll get the next update without extra charges, I'll probably increase the price after. Level: Beginner-Intermediate
This course is focused on teaching you Marvelous Designer from the very beginning, developing the important skill of creating sewing patterns from scratch for any character. No previous experience required.
The goal is to create a wardrobe made up of basic clothes that you can modify and re-use to make full outfits at the same time you become familiar with the tools and get a lot of tips and tricks in the way.
In each video, we start making a garment and show you how to modify it to make variations. And show you multiple ways you can do the things so you can find your own workflow.
The videos are fully commented with voiceover in English.
>Softwares used: Marvelous Designer 9 (Minimum Marvelous Designer 8)
DAZ Studio (optional)
Substance Painter & KeyShot (Next update)
This first version includes the following videos:
- Basic UI Navigation and settings.
- Avatar preparation - How to import custom models and save them as an optimized avatar for future use.
- Shirts Part 1 - Strapless top, heart-shaped top & camisole.
- Shirts Part 2 - Tank top & Tanktop w/crossed back
- Shirts Part 3 - V-neck T-Shirt, Long Sleeved shirt with round neck & turtle neck shirt.
- Shirts Part 4 - Formal shirt with buttons
- Shirts Part 5 - Hoodie & zipper sweatshirt.
The next updates will include the following videos:
- Skirts Part 1 - Pencil Skirt, A-line skirt, Semi-circular skirt, circular skirt & cascade skirt
- Skirts Part 2 - Pleated mini-skirt + Long Accordion Skirt
- Pants Part 1 - Leggins & Sweatpants
- Pants Part 2 - Jeans
- Re-using garments - Layering, fitting & Troubleshooting outfits.
- Outfit composition theory & reference search tips.
- Final Project - Re-creating an outfit from Concept Art without sewing patterns.
- BONUS: Texturing in Substance Painter & Rendering in KeyShot