Delete

obloquy
polycounter lvl 5

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Heck ya you're ready, apply away. Neat art! The junior character artists at my work don't know rigging, skinning, blend shapes. Would be good to know I guess, but still, start applying now. Keep working on more personal stuff though!
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Just commenting on the hard surface piece. Really nice topology and edgeflow going on there to output those iconic details characterizing an Isetta plus likewise I'd personally wouldn't be adverse in submitting for roles, straight away. Goodluck.
  • obloquy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    obloquy polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks for the advice @Ashervisalis didn't know if the stuff I haven't learnt yet would go against me ;)

Thanks @sacboi - I considered taking out the car as its the first thing I made in 3D and the topo could be better in places.  Considered updating the textures and lighting in Maya too as both could be a lot better... but not sure its worth reopening the project/ it might not make a huge difference now
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Thanks @sacboi - I considered taking out the car as its the first thing I made in 3D and the topo could be better in places. Considered updating the textures and lighting in Maya too as both could be a lot better... but not sure its worth reopening the project/ it might not make a huge difference now
    In that case, consider dropping the car and going with an aligned organic selection of work, since your OP alluded to a bias toward character art which in turn, will cull any sense of ambiguity for those reviewing perspective candidates during an application process. 
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Normally I would agree that having something outside of your expertise is not needed but in this case, the car is well done and doesn't hurt you at all IMO.  I'd keep it in there.