Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Brazilia Favelas

vegaart
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
vegaart polycounter lvl 11
Brazilian Favelas with a football field stage for a concert, light music. Old houses with favelian architecture.
All houses are made modularly, for some houses household items and interior items are made. All houses have an interior (simple and detailed).
Houses can be painted in any configuration. For all objects LODs and simple collisions are made.
A modular scene is also made in the pack - you can assemble your own any configuration. Some musical accessories such as lighting fixtures, and various concert speakers are also present. There is also a very detailed statue of Christ

Work on the creation of the Brazilian favela for UE4

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I like it! Neat. Cool colours too. I feel all the graffiti looks new, and there should be some really old worn down graffiti, or hints of paint where graffiti used to be, or such.
  • JamesBrisnehan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan polycounter
    Fantastic environment and lighting, but I've got to ask, . . what is going on with the robot people down at the football court? Why did they all bring assault rifles to a dance party? I'm not sure if they are meant to be funny, but I find them hilarious. 
    Only thing I see that could be improved is the interior in the second to last image could use a light-bulb or something. Right now the room has a light with no source.
  • birb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    Nice color palette and lights show. I'm not sure how open to critiques you are, but two things immediately jumped at me.

I get this has a slight dystopia / sci-fi bent so there's this nice mix of languages going on, but hadn't you included so many flags I wouldn't be able to tell it was set in Brazil. Where's the Portuguese? All the tagging and announcements are in English and... Ukranian, I think? If I had to guess the backstory I'd say this place was occupied by a force of US / Ukrainian robots, causing the civilians to flee; hence the takeover by gun toting criminal-looking types after the robot army moved on, the buildings in disrepair, the wipeout of the local language and conspicuous absence of stores and street commerce signs.

And you added the power infrastructure but forgot the power cables:

Save for those two details the buildings look as if laid out in a straight grid when they'd be curving along the winding streets, sometimes slightly leaning into each other on the steepest slopes. The asphalt and sidewalks also look too perfect in comparison to the state of the buildings.