Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hand Painted/Stylized Building WIP

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
kevino025 polycounter lvl 10
Hello Polycounters!

Its been a long time since I last posted here and worked on a personal project. Wanted to share current WIP and open up for critiques early on before doing something that can take me way too long to fix. Give me those fresh set of eyes!
 See the source image

I will do my best to update this thread anytime there are updates.

Currently I am working on a small environment piece based on the concept by Lloyd Hoshide. (the one of the left)

Final

Recently finished blocking everything and am currently working on prepping everything for the high res. Trying to break it down to the most essentials and reusing as much as i can. 

Note, I have decided to leave the tree for last because, reasons.

Any comments/critiques would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
KS

Replies

• tysiu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tysiu keyframe
    You missed the wooden beam on top floor and that wooden piece, whatever it is. The gazebo thing is ia bit nconsistent on the conceptart, but at least the front legs are more under the roof, not straight on corner. 
    The original art is really fun and wonky, you could go even more with the curves.

• Lewis_kennedy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lewis_kennedy polygon
    the gazebo thing needs to be a tad smaller in comparison to the house, the house could be squished down a bit as well, the general impression I get from the concept art is kinda makeshift and short in size, yours just has a bit too much height.

Don't worry about the wonkyness and curves too much at the block out stage, most of that could be achieved using effectively using FFD's