Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Environment

Hi! I recently finished my first stylized environment in Unreal following Kem Yaralioglu's enviro art course on FlippedNormals as reference.
Any advice or feedback would be appreciated!
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/D55lEo

And the trailer video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lJ7u-iSuwc

You can also check my portfolio at:
www.yolandacruz.games
Thank you!

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hell ya, that looks dope! I'd suggest;

- Using actual geo for the larger rocks on the path, as it would give more definition and height to the path
    - Parts of your tree look a bit flat. it looks like you projected leaves around a mesh, but there are areas of the mesh missing leaves.
    - Making the bevels on the parts of the wall and pillars far bigger. I can't even tell if there are bevels on them.
    - I'd like to see a moon or something in the third image.
    - The fourth image is too dark.

Aside from those points, sweet work! I love the grass and the composition and colours.

Regarding your portfolio, I feel you could do a cull and remove a few things, such as the single props (don't remove the chandelier though). Were you working on the Time Splitters remake? I looooved Time Splitters back when I used to play it.
  • NaruKennedy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hell ya, that looks dope! I'd suggest;

- Using actual geo for the larger rocks on the path, as it would give more definition and height to the path
    - Parts of your tree look a bit flat. it looks like you projected leaves around a mesh, but there are areas of the mesh missing leaves.
    - Making the bevels on the parts of the wall and pillars far bigger. I can't even tell if there are bevels on them.
    - I'd like to see a moon or something in the third image.
    - The fourth image is too dark.

Aside from those points, sweet work! I love the grass and the composition and colours.

Regarding your portfolio, I feel you could do a cull and remove a few things, such as the single props (don't remove the chandelier though). Were you working on the Time Splitters remake? I looooved Time Splitters back when I used to play it.

Hey thank you very much for your feedback! Those are things that I easily miss and I'm glad you pointed them out. I'll iterate again on the environment.
    And yes! I'm in the TimeSplitters Rewind team! So most of my portfolio pieces are from the remake (although we put the watermark only when we upload an update video on Youtube so the art becomes public) as I was inicially Prop Artist and I switched to Env. Artist few weeks ago.