Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bertram Tung -WIP (critique welcome)

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Vital-ire polycounter lvl 10
Hey all, It's been a while since I've used polycount and I'm looking for ways to tune up and finalize this bust I'm making of Tung from vampire the masquerade bloodlines. He's a nosferatu, so pardon his lumps, I'm trying to use give his lapel a sherpa lining as well. I'm not sure how I want to pull that off for a real time render in marmoset, I may use cards. Or find another material that might fit better for his cloth lining instead.  

Here's his original in game model for reference.

Critique is welcome and encouraged, I plan on taking him into substance painter once I am done with this stage.

Replies

• tysiu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tysiu keyframe
    What a cutie.
    I like what you did. I would add more details to the ears (you have a lot of nice details going around the eyes, and the ear looks like it has just 2 holes cut out in it), and maybe blend them a little bit more to the cheek, so they won't look like they are just glued in. Also the original has really uneven, crooked teeth. If you have time play around with it, make some shorter, displace them a bit.

For the coat, it has a lot of volume on the original, seems very fuzzy/fluffy. Your model wears a bathroom mat at the moment :D
  • Vital-ire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vital-ire polycounter lvl 10

so I ended up finishing off this and went for a final presentation out of photoshop for the lapel, but the real time turntable can be seen on my artstation post.   
  • tysiu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tysiu keyframe
    Giving him that face expression really brought him to life. Good job!