Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

AS350 helicopter

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
brurpo polycounter lvl 8
This is a job turned personal project. It was supposed to be an helicopter that would pass far away, but, as I love aviation, I put a bit more effort.
Hope you like it!
Thanks!!

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Dude this is dope. Good job! Any chance of a wireframe?
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Nice job! Definitely feels like a real aircraft. I know because I work on Bell mediums for a living :) Can you post some pics with brighter lighting so we can see the exterior details?
    The only thing that jumped out at me was how scratched the windows are. Typically there are scratches on the passenger windows from loading equipment, but the windshield and door windows for the pilot are polished annually.
  • brurpo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brurpo polycounter lvl 8
    Dude this is dope. Good job! Any chance of a wireframe?
    Hi!! Thank you so much!!!
    Sure thing!
    (sorry for the reduced quality, didnt have much time)

• brurpo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brurpo polycounter lvl 8
    Quasar said:
    Nice job! Definitely feels like a real aircraft. I know because I work on Bell mediums for a living :) Can you post some pics with brighter lighting so we can see the exterior details?
    The only thing that jumped out at me was how scratched the windows are. Typically there are scratches on the passenger windows from loading equipment, but the windshield and door windows for the pilot are polished annually.
    Man! that's a really REALLY nice compliment haha! Thank you so much!
    I've definitely omitted / changed some details, as I didnt have much time to do this (5 days).

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I've greatly reduced the scratches on the day shots! here they are!

• Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, those windows look way more realistic now.
    I looked at some photos and it seems like there are a couple things off in terms of the shape of the aircraft. The swashplate is all wrong as well and there's only supposed to be one pitch link going to each blade. The blades should also have a slight twist to them, with the root having the highest angle and the tip being almost flat. How much are you willing to change the geo? Are you just making minor tweaks at this stage?
  • brurpo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brurpo polycounter lvl 8
    Quasar said:
    Yeah, those windows look way more realistic now.
    I looked at some photos and it seems like there are a couple things off in terms of the shape of the aircraft. The swashplate is all wrong as well and there's only supposed to be one pitch link going to each blade. The blades should also have a slight twist to them, with the root having the highest angle and the tip being almost flat. How much are you willing to change the geo? Are you just making minor tweaks at this stage?
    Wow man! Thank you so much for this feedback! 
    I am aware of some things that are wrong, I've done most of it by eye, and not using a lot of references.
    There is also the issue that more than one company makes it, and there is a lot of variations. My first reference was from Avibras.
    I don't think I will be changing this anymore, I prefer moving on to new projects. This was never meant to be a faithful reproduction as the time I had was very limited and going back to some parts just means redoing those entirely at this point.
    I think I am going to start a h145m or a super tucano. Those I want to be as close as possible to the real thing, and so I am going to do a wip forum post which makes it easier to adjust things on the fly.
    Again, thank you so much for your time and awesome feedback! I really really appreciate it!
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A 145 or a Tucano would be really cool to see  :)