Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Silent Hill (Fan Art) Environment UE4 - Need help most on lighting

Hello everyone.
I am a junior artist and terrible doing lighting. I would like some tips to improve the light in unreal,  Maybe different light colors or postprocessing options.
Lighting is a very important step as an artist I am looking for feedback to do it right.
The more I look to my project the more lost I get.
I am also trying to make a cinematic and I would like some advice on the shots.
Every feedback is welcome because this project is very important to me.
this is Alessa's hospital room from silent hill 1 and 3

Screenshots with more red lighting with one light off (if you check the video you will understand)

Screenshot with  more red lighting light on

Thank you!

Replies

• Joseph_Bramlett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph_Bramlett polycounter lvl 4
    Your project is really promising. Ide say think of where you want your focal p[point to be and how to use shadows and light to create that focal point. Really think of this scene as a 2d image or even like a painting. I know the original silent hill games made great use of atmospheric lighting and had great control over shadows and focal points. 

Ide also recommend using other sources for light. maybe light can poor in from the window in the door or maybe the ceiling light is hanging ajar so you can get more interesting lighting. Right now having the main light source be in the center of the room is casting everything in an even light with minimalist shadows which tends to be boring. 
  • Sandyway
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your project is really promising. Ide say think of where you want your focal p[point to be and how to use shadows and light to create that focal point. Really think of this scene as a 2d image or even like a painting. I know the original silent hill games made great use of atmospheric lighting and had great control over shadows and focal points. 

Ide also recommend using other sources for light. maybe light can poor in from the window in the door or maybe the ceiling light is hanging ajar so you can get more interesting lighting. Right now having the main light source be in the center of the room is casting everything in an even light with minimalist shadows which tends to be boring. 
    Thank you for your feedback, Joseph!
    I certainly will take your advice and try to make some changes.
  • Sandyway