Hi all! I got some advice recently to try documenting my projects on a forum to help stay motivated to finish them, so I'm trying that out!
This scene that was originally done as an art test (I got permission to post) and I've decided I want to try and push it further to be a proper portfolio piece. More photos on my ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v1y2rx
Here's a little list of my current goals going into this, both personal ones and ones based on feedback I've already received:
- Add a surrounding environment. I'm planning to go with an Arizona Desert theme. (red sand, shrubs, dry vines/grass, rocks)
- Add more variation to the repeating textures. Maybe some vertex painting, more/better decals.
- Model out the edge of the roof to follow the curved silhouette of the tiles.
- Add more worn board variants with broken edges
- Re-light the whole scene in UE4.
Basic environment idea sketch:
All critiques/suggestions appreciated!