Home Freelance Job Postings

[CLOSED] Seeking 3D Character Modeler

Edit - 6/30/2020
Thank you everyone who emailed me about the commission. I've found the artist I'm looking for!

-----

Hello!

I’m looking for someone to model and texture a female character. I’ll provide reference materials if you are interested, but for a general look, I’m looking for a character that looks young, but not child-like (not loli). An adult that’s feminine, but not fully figured, a petite body type.

The style I’m looking for is something semi-realistic. Examples would be Nier, Drakengard, and FFXIV. Alternatively, a more South Korean aesthetic is also welcome! This can be seen in some characters of Darkness Rises and Dragon Raja. The key features I’m looking for are a Real Nose™, eye details (such as eye lashes and tear ducts), and hair that resembles real hair compared to sculpted hair--more specifically done with hair cards. Details such as skin pores or fingerprints aren’t necessary.

Clothes are most likely not part of the commission, but can be discussed after the base body is completed.

It’s required that the finished product is compatible for use in Maya and Unity. If you use another 3D program (or programs) to create the product that is fine as long as it’s able to be imported into Maya 2020 as either an OBJ or FBX. 

For pay I’m willing to do 50% down payment or preferably pay by milestone, however for me 100% upfront is too much of a risk. For both mine and your protection, I prefer transactions go through PayPal.

Usage of the model will be primarily for personal projects and possibly for a prototype of a commercial, indie game. Therefore, buying this product I would like full rights and ownership, but credit will always be where credit is due. 

I want to add in that I do have experience with the 3D modeling process, however I do not feel with my current skills I can produce the quality I desire, but I do know what to look for in topology, proportion, and UVs so I will be examining work through that knowledge.

A summary of what I’m looking for -

• Software: Maya
  • Texture Count: Base/Diffuse, Specular, Normal, and Alpha at 4k square resolution
  • Target Engine: Unity
  • Target Screen Resolution: 1080p
  • Player Perspective: Third Person
  • Time Frame: 3 months (flexible with regular check-ins)
  • Complexity: Model in T-Pose only
  • Deliverables: *.MA file or *.OBJ files, texture files in *.TIF, *ZPR if applicable

I am a new user to Polycount, so if you message me on this site I might not see it. Please email me with a portfolio and a quote! Please include geometry and sample UV maps. I look forward to seeing your work.

Thank you so much!

[email was here]