Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP need critiques

roshankarel
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
roshankarel polycounter lvl 5

been working on this for a while and need some critiques on this....
a) does it had to be more lit - is it too dark?
anywhere it needs any changes 
thank you in advance

Replies

• teodar23
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Hey,

Its actually too bright, meaning, where does this ambient light come from? There's a light in the distance that reaches way too far but that could not realistically lit the entire room. There's also a light from above but it casts light at some distance from the camera position. And of course theres a neon light behind the camera (for some reason) that is very faint and adds nothing to the scene, on contrary, it makes it more unrealistic. If you wanted to add a fill light disable shadows on the light.
    Also theres a hole in the map at the top right corner and the fog curve (intensity based on distance) is kinda abrupt. It seems to start at some distance and then increase rapidly further away.
  • roshankarel
    Offline / Send Message
    roshankarel polycounter lvl 5
    teodar23 said:
    Hey,

Its actually too bright, meaning, where does this ambient light come from? There's a light in the distance that reaches way too far but that could not realistically lit the entire room. There's also a light from above but it casts light at some distance from the camera position. And of course theres a neon light behind the camera (for some reason) that is very faint and adds nothing to the scene, on contrary, it makes it more unrealistic. If you wanted to add a fill light disable shadows on the light.
    Also theres a hole in the map at the top right corner and the fog curve (intensity based on distance) is kinda abrupt. It seems to start at some distance and then increase rapidly further away.
    thank you for your feedback
    the right part is all open like some structure built on cliff side but that is also what i wanted to know that how to deal with it should i cover the environment from all side or let it be, its the composition i fail to get correct..
     any suggestions??
    some more screenshots from ue4 of different lighting scenario and overall view