Home Technical Talk

MD - String - Knots making GEO intersect/bug out.

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
GarethStandfield polycounter lvl 3
The last post was spot on thanks everyone, this programs saving me hours of time already so im thinking of trying to delve deeper in th 30 day trial i have!

Trying to make a string that would go around a waist and have a knot at the front that dangles, it seems too look rather off even with no knot in place and worse can bug out tremendously! so iv not attempted the knot yet but is there any good ways to learn the smaller nuances of marvelous too avoid these types of bugs? as you can see its twisted rather oddly an when pulled out will either flatten or bug out with intersection GEO like in the bottom picture. 

Replies

• HAWK12HT
    Offline / Send Message
    HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
    Maybe this will help, although I wont do something this small in MD if its going to be a game asset. I will simply use splines in max or whatever 3d tool for extreme details can go in Zbrush for fiber details and bake it all out in normal. As for making the fabric in md conform to the string I ll just simply use the elastic feature on the area and call it a day. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlLtnGYLJmU
  • GarethStandfield
    Offline / Send Message
    GarethStandfield polycounter lvl 3
    HAWK12HT said:
    Maybe this will help, although I wont do something this small in MD if its going to be a game asset. I will simply use splines in max or whatever 3d tool for extreme details can go in Zbrush for fiber details and bake it all out in normal. As for making the fabric in md conform to the string I ll just simply use the elastic feature on the area and call it a day. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlLtnGYLJmU
    This was the video i used but i guess the wrapping around is making it buggy, i might just have to do it in Zbrush iv seen on peoples speed art videos they make knots and  dangling fabrics but always too hard to make out what people are doing. You can apply a deformed or something with elastic properties too only part of a garment? I did not know that was possible ill look into it.