Home Technical Talk

Marvelous designer - stiff fabric - not form fitting

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
GarethStandfield polycounter lvl 3
Heya all, decided per my last post to try MD for some more realistic results on clothing, after getting an avatar into the program and fiddling around with a tutorial it seems my object does not react the same too cloth? It will not drape and form folds, an it is rather far off the body. 

I changed the distance to skin down too 0.1 and its still far away, along with changing the partical distance too 5.0 (much lower it becomes very slow) And im not sure if this is the size of my mesh as its coming from Zbrush or something iv done wrong when loading in my avatar. Any ideas? 

Replies

• pasha_sevez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
    Your model seems to be just a few centimetres tall. Check your units, it's very important to have real measurements and size in MD.
  • GarethStandfield
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarethStandfield polycounter lvl 3
    Your model seems to be just a few centimetres high. Check your units, it's very important to have real measurements and size in MD.
    Arg so id need to export everything from Zbrush into something like maya resize it then put it into MD? I guess that makes sense as with zbrush i cant tell how big these things are. Thats going to become an issue going between the two programs i feel owf. 

• pasha_sevez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
    When you import an avatar there's a dialog to setup units and also the multiplier to adjust the size. Make sure your imported stuff has roughly the same physical size as the standard avatar does. I can't tell you from ZBrush perspective, but from Maya I typically import into MD in the centimetres and scaling is 1000%. In your case dimensions might be configured differently.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Yeah pasha_sevez got it. Probably the scale. I would put a decimated duplicate in my 3d app, just for ref on other parts. Then go from that app into MD.