Home Marmoset

Refraction transparency bug

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
TuppsMidel polycounter lvl 4
Hey there. I was setting up materials and ran into a problem with the transparency shader.
One part of my model supposed to be a glass but after apllying the refaction shader to that part, some parts of the model becomes invisible behind it. And it happens only at certain angles. Anyone knows how to fix it?  :/
(P.S. I tired uploading the glass part as a sepatated model and giving it its own material. It doesnt work :'( )

Replies

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Hi since no one has come around you are stuck with me :)
    I did a quick test and created a package for you maybe you already figured it out but i thought i'd try anyway.

One thing that comes to mind is if the windshield is a solid object? the plane i used didn't have this issue, perhaps that might be one issue.  
    Another thing that might be an issue i ran into once is if the model isn't on the Zero axis. (so many issues for me when this happens, cameras included(more my own fault, but pivot controls please, seems it would fix a lot of them. :) 

I'd look at the included rar and see if it shows up fine for you as well if it does i'd just make screenshots of the settings or import that glassworks mat into my scene and continue, the project looks neat otherwise i hope this helps if not report back.

Packed has default mats and default meshes, plane,sphere,box, 1 glass mat.
  • TuppsMidel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TuppsMidel polycounter lvl 4
    Thx for answer David.  :)
    After several attempts with various settings I've managed to fix it.
    The solution was to remove all the materials from the windshield and set it on zero coordiantes and then import it as a separated fbx object into the scene.